To inspire students to cultivate their understanding of the world they live in and engage them with the contemporary issues facing us as a society.
- Our humanities rooms provide a fantastic panorama of Bedford and the Rural-Urban fringe.
- Dedicated teaching staff.
- Rooms have whiteboards, globes, displays, speakers and overhead projectors.
- We have access to 24 Chromebooks for research.
Years 7-9 Curriculum
The work builds on that carried out in KS2, revisiting certain core topics and introducing one or two new themes. These themes include:
- Population and Settlement
- Great Britain and Map Skills
- Weather and Climate
Geography is taught as an individual subject for six periods per cycle, the Department follows the new 9-1 OCR B examination course which builds on work completed in Key Stage 3.
There are three units of work involved:
- Physical Geography
- Human Geography
- Decision Making
Co-curricular, Enrichment, Extension and Support
Geography drop-in is a non-compulsory session where students from GCSE to A-level can come along help with specific areas of the course. Fieldwork This is an essential part of the course, and all students are encouraged to participate. Field trips are arranged during the course of the year including a visit overseas.
This is an essential part of the course, and all students are encouraged to participate. Field trips are arranged during the course of the year including a visit overseas.