- To inspire students to cultivate their understanding of the world they live in and engage them with the contemporary issues facing us as a society.
- Our humanities rooms provide a fantastic panorama of Bedford and the rural-urban fringe
- Dedicated teaching staff
- Rooms have whiteboards, globes, displays, speakers and overhead projectors.
Year 7-9 Curriculum
The work builds on that carried out in Key Stage 2, revisiting certain core topics and introducing one or two new themes. These themes include:
- Population and Settlement
- Great Britain and Map Skills
Geography is taught as an individual subject for six periods per cycle. The department follows the 9-1 OCR B examination course which builds on work completed in Key Stage 3.
There are three units of work involved:
- Physical Geography
- Human Geography
- Decision Making.
Co-curricular, Enrichment, Extension and Support
Geography drop-in is a non-compulsory session where GCSE and A Level students can come along for help with specific areas of the course.
This is an essential part of the course, and all students are encouraged to participate. Field trips are arranged during the course of the year, including a visit overseas.