Bedford Modern School provides well balanced, healthy and appealing food using seasonal, fresh ingredients from local suppliers and is provided by Holroyd Howe.
Holroyd Howe’s commitment to Bedford Modern School is that:
- 100% of the meat and 85% of the fruit and vegetables comes from UK sources
- Eggs come from RSPCA Freedom Farm Assured sources only and are certified with the Red Lion Quality mark
- Milk is produced by Red Tractor accredited farms
- No fish on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species are used and all their suppliers are prohibited from sourcing ‘At Risk’ fish.
- All fresh bakery products are made on site or by local bakers close to the School.
We work closely with Holroyd Howe on developing our catering offering to meet the changing needs of both pupils and parents alike. If you have any questions regarding school lunches, please contact email@example.com.
School lunches are charged termly in advance and take into account the overall expected catering costs and anticipated pupil numbers requiring lunch for the whole year, apportioned to reflect different term lengths. Activities and trips which take pupils away from School on some days of the year have been factored into these costs and so refunds are not given for missed meals. Lunches are not provided on the last day of each term.
We also offer an ad hoc lunch option for those who prefer to take only the occasional School meal which is charged termly in arrears based on the number of lunches taken. The chargeable rate is lower for those who choose to pay termly in advance because of the greater budgeting certainty it provides the School, and this remains the preferred choice for the majority of pupils.
If you wish to cancel or change your child(ren)’s School lunch option please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that six weeks’ term time notice is required to cease School lunches but no notice is necessary to take up a School lunch option.