We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
In this statement, “we” means Bedford Modern School. We are part of The The Harpur Trust, Princeton Court, Pilgrim Centre, Brickhill Drive, Bedford, England MK41 7PZ.
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through “https://www.bedmod.co.uk” (our site) will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the Charity and the schools are the same data controller. Further details of the personal data we hold, and how we use it, can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk under registration number Z1670129. Further information about data protection is available there.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect, process and store the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. For example; School enquiry request form. The information is stored as follows:
- Upon completion of the online from and pressing the ‘submit’ button the information is transferred in an email format and sent to the School’s admissions department. This data is then transferred and stored on the School’s computerised Management Information System. This data is then used for marketing purposes and for the basis of any future registration. The email containing the data from the submitted form is then securely deleted. Data submitted includes:
- Your Child’s – Forename, Surname, Date of Birth, Gender, Expected Year of Entry, Home Address, Current School, Nationality, First Language, Ethnic Origin, Religion.
- Your – Forename, Surname, Home Address, Email address, Telephone Number, Marketing Information.
- Details of holiday activity course booking transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. The information collected during the holiday activity course booking process is as follows:
- Your Child’s – Medical information, Date of Birth, Current School.
- Your – Full Name, Home Address, Contact Numbers.
Some of these details are later stored on a separate computerised database for generation of course registration lists, medical requirement lists and for correspondence and marketing purposes.
- Users of our Web Connect (School Web Alumni User Portal) are able to update their own personal records, search for other members and book events online
- The information collected initially from School Alumni users are as follows:
- Your – Biographical details, contact details including Full Name, Home Address, Contact Numbers, business details and educational details.
This data is captured via Web Connect and stored within the Donor Strategy Database located on a secure School Server.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- Where you access a password protected area of our site such as the holiday activity course booking system, parent and pupil portals, these sites are encrypted;The parent and pupils portals make use of the following cookies:
- A session based cookie for authentication that contains only the users log-in code and unique session ID. These cookies are erased once the Internet Browser is closed;
- Persistent cookies for the ‘Remember my username’ feature. This contains the username, only if the checkbox is ticked and therefore selected;
- There are other session based cookies which are generated by ASP.NET but no personal information is stored.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Further information on what cookies are currently used on the Bedford Modern School Website can be found here.
DATA SECURITY AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Where you are an Alumni user, we may use this information to keep Alumni users engaged with the School and to enable the School to approach potential donors to raise money for school projects and for the organising of events. User information would only be disclosed to authorised School personnel and may be disclosed to authorised Fundraising specialists for annual campaigns at your discretion.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information within the Harpur Trust, but only in a way that complies with the Act.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply, our https://www.bedmod.co.uk/website-usage-policy/ or any other contract between us, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Harpur Trust, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (usually £10) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.