- To provide a safe yet stimulating and challenging environment for students offering them the opportunity to succeed.
- To improve students physical literacy and their understanding on how maintain an active, healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- To equip the students with an awareness of the importance of the subject in the wider world and future career prospects.
- The majority of Academic PE lessons are taught in our new Science Centre which provides the perfect backdrop to teaching science related modules of the course.
- State of the art equipment enables us to offer lessons of a practical nature in a class setting.
- A team of experienced and dedicated staff, bringing a wealth of knowledge in their specialist areas both in and outside the classroom.
This course prepares students for the further study of PE or Sports Science, as well as other related topics such as Biology, Psychology and Sociology. The course is designed to allow students to critically analyse and evaluate physical performance and apply their experience of practical activities whilst developing their knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Co-curricular, Enrichment, Extension and Support
Weekly support session that are non-compulsory sessions where students studying GCSE can gain help with areas of the course.
Students attend a Revision Conference designed to help consolidate learning and prepare students for the exam.
Students are offered opportunities to participate in Heart dissections as part of extension learning.