Throughout its history, Bedford Modern School has played a key educational role in the town. It has always been representative of the local area with the main attraction of the School being its ability to gather together the academically able and help them to achieve their best.
At BMS it has, and continues to be, the child that counts and our bursaries have been devised to provide an outstanding opportunity for children with potential.The School has a limited fund and bursaries are given at the discretion of the Awards Committee. The decision is based on the level of the pupil’s performance in the Entrance Assessments and assistance is not guaranteed if a place is offered:
• All bursaries are means tested.
• Students need to perform well in the assessments for consideration for bursaries in sport, performance arts, music, art/design and information technology; subject areas in which they must excel.
• For academic bursaries students need to score very highly in the entrance assessments.
Bursaries are available for application in the following years:
• Performance Arts – Year 12
• Music – Years 7, 9 and 12
• Art/Design and IT – Years 10 and 12
• Sport – Years 9 and 12
• Academic – Years 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12
Please click here to view frequently asked questions regarding the Harpur Trust Bursary Scheme.
For further information on how to apply for a Bursary, contact the Admissions Office on 01234 332690 or email Mrs Pauline Heappey.