The Bedford Modern School Website uses a number of cookies that stores data on our visitor’s computers.
Cookies are small text files, used by your Web browser to store visitor session data on your computer by Websites that you visit. They are commonly used on the Internet in order to make Websites work more efficiently and to enhance end user experience, as well as to provide relevant information to the School’s marketing department. Cookies are not intended to harm your system in any way.
In order to adhere to School policy, compliance legislation and best practice, we keep our privacy notice under regular review and conduct Website cookie audits when ever necessary. This privacy notice was last updated on 9 October 2012.
- First-party cookies: When someone visits https://www.bedmod.co.uk, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns so that we are able to compile user reports on the number of visitors to the various parts of the Website and their geographical location. We collect this information in a way which does not identify users and we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our Website.
- Third-party cookies: We use a variety of widely recognised and used third-party plug-ins in order to enhance the end users experience, and to also act as a marketing tool. It is of the School’s opinion that the use of any plug-in represents current ‘best practice’. We do not however have any direct control over the content of these third party cookies, the use made of any data collected, or the security of that data. Any third parties may collect information about your visit to our Website, and they may use this with other data in order to serve advertising which may be more relevant to you.
There is no reason for our visitors of the Website to be particularly concerned about the privacy implications of any of the cookies we use, but we do recognise the importance of making you aware of the purpose and scope of the data stored in the cookies which are created or updated on your computer when you visit our Website.
When you visit our Website for the first time you will be presented with a message asking if you are content to accept cookies from our Website. If you tick a box to confirm that you accept cookies, they will be used; otherwise cookies will not be used unless, and until you consent.
IN DETAIL: FIRST-PARTY COOKIES
First-party cookies are specific to the host site that created them (in this case, https://www.bedmod.co.uk). They are not shared across domains and so cannot be accessed by a web server other than our Website: https://www.bedmod.co.uk.
The table below explains the First-party cookies we use on our Website and the purpose that they are used for:
|Authentication session to prevent having to login multiple times in one browser session.
|Hashed data of username and authentication status
|Expires on exit
|This cookie contains the user’s session ID and the cookie will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser). This cookie does not store personal data about you.
|Expires on exit
|Improves accessibility by storing the visitors preference on whether to activate the standard, high visibility or printer friendly style sheet with each page load.
|‘standard’, ‘high’ or ‘print’
IN DETAIL: THIRD-PARTY COOKIES
Third-party cookies are cookies created by an external service provider when you use a page on our website. These cookies are specific to the third-party’s domain and the data held in them can be seen and managed by the third-party and not by the School.
We only control whether or not we use any third-party services within our website, and how it is integrated and presented. We do not have control over the cookies themselves.
The table below explains the third-party cookies we use on our Website and the purpose that they are used for:
Cookies used by Google Maps
We may from time to time make use of the Google Maps service to provide detailed information on how to locate our School or Sports fixtures.
Google Maps stores up to four cookies, as follows:
- SNID; and
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit the following Page: All About Cookies.
- Disabling the use of some cookies that are operating on our Website may affect your ability to use some of our Website features and enhancements.
- To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all Websites please visit the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Page.