Art in Bedford Modern Junior School is a time where pupils of all abilities can develop their creative, imaginative and practical skills, working individually or in groups. The Junior Art Department’s resources can be seen here.
Year 3 and 4
Pupils have the opportunity to experience work in the following areas:
- 2D and 3D in: painting and drawing, printing and design
- Firm foundations for future use
- Enjoyment of the subject
- Experience a variety of media
- Grow in understanding of different types of Art practice
Year 5 and 6
The main purpose is for them to extend and develop skills previously experienced in Years Three and Four. Pupils will be made aware of various links with artists and art movements. Projects undertaken last for differing lengths of time, depending on the nature of the task which include:
- Imaginative and observational drawing
- Pottery and printing
- Variety of sculptural ideas
- The correct use of tools is taught, as is the care of equipment. Displays of the pupils’ finished pieces of work are exhibited in the classroom and corridors.