- To provide students with an excellent learning experience as they study A level Business.
- To develop independent learners who are well equipped to progress either into the work place or higher education.
- To engage students and to help them understand the role of business in an increasingly complex world
- Business is part of the highly active PPE Faculty
- The department is made up of four teachers with a wide range of industry experience outside of the world of education.
- The majority of lessons are taught within the Sixth Form centre and each room makes use of IT
- The department has close links with the exam board AQA, with staff working as examiners and we use external examiners to provide a bespoke student revision session in Year 13.
A Level Curriculum
We follow the AQA specification which, based upon some independent research of a selection of top Russell Group universities, was viewed as being the preferred choice for institutions such as Warwick, York and Durham University due to its academic rigor and subject content. The A level course will provided students with the key competencies and knowledge to pursue a career in management. The focus is upon both long term strategic and medium term tactical decision making and the impact of the external environment on business.
Co-curricular, Enrichment, Extension and Support
- As part of the course students will visit a business. The current preferred provider is Jaguar Landrover.
- After school support sessions are provided on a weekly basis making use of the Sixth Form study centre.
- Students have access to a range of enrichment activities through the PPE Society.
A high proportion of our students continue into higher education however an increasing number are also being successful in gaining degree level apprenticeships in a range of industries such as banking, accountancy, marketing and manufacturing.