Nearly New Shop
Nearly New Shop
Child lost an item of sports kit? Mislaid that winter coat? Blazer gone walkabout? Don’t worry! Visit the Nearly New Uniform Shop run by BMS Parents’ Association.
We very much welcome donations of unwanted school uniform (good condition please!). Your donations continue to help us to raise valuable funds for the School and the money the item is sold for is split between you and the PA 75/25 respectively.
We stock all uniform (including blazers) and sports kit, as well as second hand hockey sticks, goggles, shin pads etc. The uniform is all in excellent condition and sold at a much reduced price. It is great not only for key items but also for ‘spares’.
We are located in the The Quadrangle of the Senior School. The entrance to this is opposite the reception of the Junior School.
If you have any queries or could spare some time to help in the shop, please contact Rebecca Bygraves on 07899 084467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Continued Service During Covid-19
The Newly New Shop is run by volunteers from the Parents’ Association and stocks all uniform and sports kit, all in excellent condition and at much reduced prices.
We must operate within the government guidelines for COVID-19 and so unfortunately we have to keep the Nearly New Shop closed at this time. This does not however mean that we want to stop trading for those who would wish to continue to make use of the shop. We are therefore going to be trialling an alternative service and if it works then we can keep the service going. All requests for goods must be done via email@example.com. When placing an order you must give your contact details, your child’s name, their school year as of September 2020, but most importantly their measurements (inches); providing their age will not help in getting the right size. ALL ORDERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 22 JULY. An order form is after the price list.
Orders will be accepted strictly on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. As we are ‘Nearly New’ we cannot promise you that we will have the size that you request in stock (if we don’t have the size needed we will let you know straight away). We also ask that you request one size of the item needed only. We do not have sufficient quantities of items to send out multiple sizes of the same item. There are also certain items that we do not stock so please check the list below.
In line with COVID-19 guidance, all goods requested will be packed and left for a minimum of 3 days before being collected from the Common Room next to the Sports Office/flag pole at the very front of the Senior School (directional signage will be displayed), on the COLLECTION DATE ONLY – WE ARE UNABLE TO SEND. The date of collection will be Saturday 01 August. We will ask you to pay for the goods as you collect them, by Direct Debit or Credit Card (all cards including American Express are accepted). We ask you to help us observe social distancing rules during the collection process.
If the items are not required or suitable, then please can you return to the school at the start of term so that others are able to try the item. Please leave returns on the shelving provided outside the Common Room where goods were collected. Any required refunds will be done by BACS transfer within 1 month. Once we have refunded you, we will destroy the details given.
We really wish to continue the Newly New Shop service through this difficult period. As we have never had to run this shop this way before please observe the guidelines above, as this is a new way of operating and we are all volunteers. If we find that this works then we will add another date.
Conditions of Sale
- All items must be current uniform in good clean condition, placed in a bag clearly marked on the inside with details of the contents, your name, address and telephone number. The contents of bags not marked in this way will be treated as PA donations.
- We will price all items for you and reserve the right to dispose of any not conforming to our standards without prior notice.
- We only accept items that have the ‘Spread Winged Eagle’ as shown at the top right of this page. Any items with the old logo will be sent to the school’s Outreach projects in either Africa or India.
- We do not stock boys’ shirts or trousers, or any football or rugby boots.
- We accept items when the shop is open. At other times they may be handed in at the main School Reception with the permission of reception staff.
- If items have been sold by us a payment of 75% of the sale price will only be sent once a year during the summer holidays, after a deduction of 25% for PA funds. PA funds are then made available to School departments for the purchase of extra equipment not covered by their budgets.
- Please note that all items are left at your own risk and that we will dispose of any unsold items after two years (for girls skirts and blouses this will be one year) to the school’s Outreach programs in either Africa or India.