Nearly New Shop
Nearly New Shop
Child lost an item of sports kit? Mislaid that winter coat? Blazer gone walkabout? Don’t worry! Visit the Nearly New Uniform Shop run by BMS Parents’ Association.
We very much welcome donations of unwanted school uniform (good condition please!). Your donations continue to help us to raise valuable funds for the School and the money the item is sold for is split between you and the PA 75/25 respectively.
Any donated items can be left at the Senior School Reception (please label bags BMS PA Nearly New) or brought along to the shop during one of our opening times. We stock all uniform (including blazers) and sports kit, as well as second hand hockey sticks, goggles, shin pads etc. The uniform is all in excellent condition and sold at a much reduced price. It is great not only for key items but also for ‘spares’.
We are located in the The Quadrangle of the Senior School. The entrance to this is opposite the reception of the Junior School.
If you have any queries or could spare some time to help in the shop, please contact Rebecca Bygraves on 07899 084467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates and times of Opening 2019/2020
We are open on two THURSDAYS of each month during term-time only, from 3.30pm – 5.00pm. Check below for exact dates. If you are unable to make an opening date then please contact Rebecca Bygraves on the details above.
Autumn Term 2019
Aug 31 – Saturday Opening – 10am to 12 noon
Nov 7 – weather turning colder – jumpers, coats and body armours available
Spring Term 2020
Mar 19 – A good time to look at cricket kit / summer dresses for next term
Summer Term 2020
May 7 – Year 13’s may want to get old school uniform for last day
Jun 20 – Saturday Opening – 10am to 12 noon
August 29 – Saturday Opening – 10am to 12 noon
Conditions of Sale
- All items must be current uniform in good clean condition, placed in a bag clearly marked on the inside with details of the contents, your name, address and telephone number. The contents of bags not marked in this way will be treated as PA donations.
- We will price all items for you and reserve the right to dispose of any not conforming to our standards without prior notice.
- We only accept items that have the ‘Spread Winged Eagle’ as shown at the top right of this page. Any items with the old logo will be sent to the school’s Outreach projects in either Africa or India.
- We do not stock boys’ shirts or trousers, or any football or rugby boots.
- We accept items when the shop is open. At other times they may be handed in at the main School Reception with the permission of reception staff.
- If items have been sold by us a payment of 75% of the sale price will only be sent once a year during the summer holidays, after a deduction of 25% for PA funds. PA funds are then made available to School departments for the purchase of extra equipment not covered by their budgets.
- Please note that all items are left at your own risk and that we will dispose of any unsold items after two years (for girls skirts and blouses this will be one year) to the school’s Outreach programs in either Africa or India.