As Bedford Modern School continues to go from strength to strength, it is crucial that we continue to invest in our estate in order to provide as stimulating and inspiring surroundings as possible in which our students can learn, develop and achieve.
From September 2017 our students began to use the new multi-million pound Science Centre which is by far the most significant capital investment in the School’s history. It is an exceptional teaching and learning environment which will inspire countless young scientists for many years to come.
It was opened on 16 June 2017 by Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock, a scientist and broadcaster referred as the ‘face of space’. She met students from across the School during her visit and said: “It has been wonderful to visit Bedford Modern School; there is a real sense of community here.
“I have spoken with several students who have asked me so many impressive questions and I can see that this level of interest is as a result of the fantastic encouragement from their teachers.”
Please see a selection of photographs from the official opening event below.
- Separate floors house each discipline: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- A central learning atrium provides a flexible teaching and display area
- 17 multi-discipline laboratories are sized to accommodate up to 24 pupils each with ample storage and preparation space located close to them
- Opportunities abound to incorporate the very latest in modern technology
- The environment is calm, light, airy and conducive to learning
- The use of cutting edge design and construction standards make the building itself a stimulus for learning.