As Bedford Modern School continues to go from strength to strength, it is crucial that we continue to invest in our estate in order to provide as stimulating and inspiring surroundings as possible in which our students can learn, develop and achieve.
The current science facilities remain largely unchanged since 1974 so we are delighted to announce that we are about to begin the construction of a new, state-of-the-art Science Centre beside the Rutherford Lawn, at the rear of the School, which will be ready for occupation in September 2017. The exciting design will provide current and future generations of BMS students with an inspirational learning environment.
- Separate floors house each discipline: Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- A central learning atrium provides a flexible teaching and display area
- 17 multi-discipline laboratories are sized to accommodate up to 24 pupils each with ample storage and preparation space located close to them
- Opportunities abound to incorporate the very latest in modern technology
- The environment is calm, light, airy and conducive to learning
- The use of cutting edge design and construction standards make the building itself a stimulus for learning.
We are confident that, as a result of a more fulfilling learning experience together with the best possible foundation in science, our students will achieve even greater academic success and be well equipped to embark on their future careers.